Friday, January 19, 2007

First Day of School

Nippy Cold. It's dark outside, and I'm trying to remember when the last time was that I was actually up early enough to see the sunrise. I throw on some makeup and grab my backpack, gym bag, and keys as I head out. As I drive to school I think about just how excited I am to be getting back into school. Even if I'm not going to a big school on a nice scholarship it's still SCHOOL and I am sure that this is where God has me right now. I'm proud of myself for changing and for not completely forgetting how to dream.

Intro to Psych - I guess I can't really totally evaluate a class based on syllabus day but... any teacher that's 10 minutes late to class and then spend the next 20 minutes excusing herself for being late and complaining about parking... yeah, haha. Make up your own mind about her. I actually walked out of her class after I got the syllabus because I really felt like I was wasting my time..... and Matt came to see me at school. :) awwwwwwwww

US History 1 - Matt and I hung out for a little bit before we went to history class. He wanted to sit in on the class with me because he'd had my teacher three times when he was going to SAC so they're like buddies by now, haha. Pretty funny guy. He's going to be challenging which is something that I'm actually really pumped about.

College Algebra - Hilarious old guy that looks like Albert Einstein and has been teaching for 40 years. It doesn't look like it will be too hard if I pay attention but I'm really going to love his class. Crazy awesome dude. The only thing about this class that MIGHT get annoying = the stupid girl that was trying to argue with the professor the whole time and prove that she was right and he was wrong. Real smart. Prove that the math teacher of 40 years doesn't know the basics of math... and you do? stupid girl, entertaining at first... very obnoxious to come. Like she was trying to prove 0 isn't a number. PLEASE. Go back to kindergarten.

Freshman Composition 2 - Basically a literature class with an a 3-5 page author paper and a major term paper on a subject of our choice. Hmmm, what should I write about? I want it to be something GOOD. The teacher is kinda wacky. I couldn't totally read her from syllabus day today but she's pretty hardcore with a million degrees and a cheerleader attitude (just to put a little spin on it, lol). Probably won't be my favorite class but I'm hoping that I'll learn a lot.

Soooooo.... looks like it's gonna be a good year. Now I just need to get my parking thingy and my school books. Fun stuff.

School got out at 1:30... I went and tanned, went home and went running and worked out, then off to work where I closed, so I just got home a little bit ago. Not much work over the weekend so I'm excited. Looking forward to hanging out with Matt and throwing Marin's 19th birthday party... then church on Sunday. Should be a good weekend :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

i cant believe that marin is going to be 19!!! i mean GOSH! she engaged! lol....i'll be like 42 when that happens! lol jk lots of luv!!!!!!!!!!! and i'm glad school is going good so far. behave yourself ....lol. xoxo