Monday, February 5, 2007

My Own Shepherd?

I am my own shepherd. I am always in need.
I stumble from mall to mall and shrink to shrink, seeking relief but never finding it.
I creep through the valley of the shadow of death and fall apart.
I fear everything from pesticides to power lines, and I’m starting to act like my mother.
I go down to the weekly staff meeting and am surrounded by enemies.
I go home, and even my goldfish scowls at me.
I anoint my headache with extra-strength Tylenol.
My Jack Daniel’s runneth over.Surely misery and misfortune will follow me, and I will live in self-doubt for the rest of my lonely life.


(taken from the book Travelling Light by Max Lucado..... an awesome read!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Becca, I'm sorry to hear your life is being so hard on you. I'll be praying for you. I also know what your talking about in your previous post when you said you want that relationship with God that everyone else seems to have. It's like you and me spent all of the time we had trying to get out and away, while all of those people were growing in Him. So I deffinately know what your going through, cause i"m going through it too.