Thursday, February 22, 2007

<3 ?

Every girl wants to feel LOVED. But how do you define "feeling loved" if you don't know a strong concrete definition of love? Guys want to supply that need for love that that girl has, and they want to be loved too. But how do you love somebody else if you don't know what love is yourself?

"If you loved me then you'd have sex with me." It looks so horrible written plainly on a stark white background, but seriously, that's the mentality of so many people. Even if they are strong Christians that have the best reputations in the world, pastors, teachers, youth leaders, or respected individuals, they still fall into the same trap, the same lie. I know that I did. Our society today has so poorly defined love, and we as Christians, have just gone along with it. Love is having oral sex. Love is pleasuring the body of your boyfriend or girlfriend. Love is sleeping with your partner. Love is always being sweet, nice, beautiful, and seductive. Love is physical. If someone asked you if this was your definition of love I KNOW what you would say. You would say, "No, of course not!" But don't lie to yourself, don't lie to your boyfriend/girlfriend, don't lie to God.

Many times, a girl that has not had a loving father and has not felt that fatherly love throughout her life, wants only one thing. To be loved and feel love. But since she does not know how to define love, it often means sex. She wants so much to be loved, she would do anything to feel that someone cares, but time and time again, she just feels hurt, used, and abused. And not loved.

Sex is not bad, it's not a sin, it's not dirty. Sex is an AMAZING gift from God, but we have to use it how he has instructed us to. God made sex for 3 things: pro-creation (making babies hehe), unity, and enjoyment... between a man and the wife of his youth. God didn't create sex to be between a boyfriend and a girlfriend, for one night stands, between 2 guys or between 2 girls, but solely between a husband and a wife. Whenever we decide to have sex outside of his perfect plan for us, we get hurt and we suffer the consequences... emotionally and physically.

I've screwed up so much and I've lost something that I can never ever get back. I fought back tears as Josh McDowell said, "Guys love having sex, they love messing around with you, but if they mess around with you, I assure you, they don't want to marry you. ...Guys don't like used furniture but they love to be in the antiqueing business." Maybe it's too late. Like I know God has forgiven me and everything but if I was a guy... or if I was the family of the guy... would I want him to be in a relationship with a girl like me when he could have some amazing Christian girl that had never been impure? ...

God, I'm sorry. Guys... your friend Becca has screwed up. Learn from her mistakes. Don't do the same things that I've done.

3 comments:

Caleb said...

luv ya Becca, always here for you. =)

Michelle said...

i love you becca....when you find THE guy that GOd has being prepared for YOU...he wont care how much you have screwed up in your life!!! GOd is allowing that guy to experience things to prepare him. Just wait Becca. I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jared Jaroski said...

Hey Becca,

I saw you guys there today! I thought what you wrote was a perfect synopsis of his 3rd hour. Becca, God has already forgiven your sins. Remember that. Don't keep beating yourself up over your mistakes. Repent and move on with your life. I'm really sorry you missed his first hour, he was great!